Since 1984, W.O. Smith Music School has introduced the world of music to thousands of deserving children in Nashville.
W.O. Smith Music School makes affordable, quality music instruction available to children from low-income families. We transform lives through music.
- The school was founded in 1984 by William Oscar Smith
- We serve children (aged 7-18) living in the Metropolitan Nashville area
- Students must meet income guidelines for the USDA Free and Reduced Lunch Program
- Classes and lessons are fifty cents each
- Students are provided with an instrument of their choosing, a volunteer teaching artist, and any necessary musical materials for their studies
- Volunteer teaching artists are community members, local performers, studio artists, and university students with a passion for sharing their musical gifts